BIRTH DOULA SUPPORT
Birth is a sacred and transformative experience, and will be remembered for a lifetime. If you ask anyone who’s given birth, even if it were decades ago, they will be able to tell you how they felt, and how well they were supported. It is paramount that you feel empowered and supported throughout your entire pregnancy, birth and postpartum journey.
As your doula, I not only support you, but educate you with up to date, evidence-based information, and provide you with the tools necessary to make informed choices with confidence. No matter what type of birth you have, my wish is that you look back on it fondly and feel proud of your story. In a world where there’s a lot of fear-based birth culture and conversation, I remind you of your innate power, and to trust your body and baby through this process.
During the prenatal visits, we review all options available, and I assist in creating a birth plan (if desired) based on your informed wishes. During the birthing time, my mission is to ensure you feel safe, and as calm and comfortable as possible. I provide uninterrupted educational, emotional and physical support. I love creating a serene environment in the birthing space, free of distractions and judgement. I enjoy working with partners, care providers and other support people collaboratively. It is a distinct honour to hold space for birthers and their loved ones through this incredible season of their lives.
Education + Training:
In 2012, I completed the birth doula certification training through DONA International. I am trained in massage therapy (Blanche Macdonald, 2009) which is a wonderful accompaniment to the comfort measures I provide during labour. I have completed the Hypnobabies® childbirth and hypnobirthing course. I am First Aid CPR-C certified (infant and children).
My doula package includes:
- a complimentary consultation
- 1-2 prenatal visits (1-2 hours each)
- phone, text and email support
- assistance and support with breast/chestfeeding as needed for up to two hours after baby is born, and during postpartum visits
- 1-2 postpartum visits (more postpartum visits can be added at an hourly rate)
- access to my TENS unit, birth ball and other supplies including but not limited to: essential oils, labour-ease spray, music playlists, energy cleansing (sage and palo santo), candles and crystals
- curated list of resources based on your needs and wishes (classes, books, postpartum healing and support, parent and baby groups, checklists for hospital bag or home birth, meditations, affirmations, printables for recording baby’s feeding schedule and wet/dirty diapers in the early days, as well as my own personal ‘best of baby’ recommendations)
- notes with details that occurred during the birthing time as a keepsake
Available add-ons to my doula package:
- birth photography package with Kendal Blacker
- placenta encapsulation + $250.00
Please contact me if you have any questions, or would like to set up a complimentary consultation to see if we are a good fit!
I serve families in South Delta, Richmond and Vancouver (if your area is not mentioned, please inquire as I am happy to work in other areas too).
To save your spot in my calendar, I require 50% of the investment upon booking, and the remainder is due on or before 37 weeks. Payment plans are available. Discounted rates apply for my previous doula families, please inquire.
“Deep within every woman is the ability to birth. When she has confidence in her own abilities, the encouragement and freedom to tap into her innate wisdom, and has the loving support of family, friends and professionals who believe this too, she will truly have a satisfying birth experience.” -Gerri Ryan
“My husband and I knew instantly after meeting Jess that she was the doula we wanted for our first birth. Her knowledge and resources were on point and her demeanor was exactly what we wanted throughout the process. She was warm and kind, listened to our needs and provided input all while never being obtrusive. She was readily available and very supportive. We can’t thank her enough for everything she did. We would highly recommend her service.” -Tara T | Vancouver, BC.
“Once I met Jessica, I automatically knew we had a great connection…she is not only a beautiful human on the outside, her spirit exerts positivity on the inside and that’s what drew me in. Through our journey Jessica provided continuous emotional and physical support. She gave us valid and thought provoking information, helping us find resources to research the birth choices in front of us. Jessica made us feel comfortable and she was accommodating in every way. Her knowledge and natural way of being made us relax and trust the process. Jessica opened her heart to us with passion, excitement and acceptance and we could not have asked for a better partner in crime. Thank you Jessica for your commitment, love and tuning-in to what was most needed in the birth of our son. Best A/M/N” -Marta L |