BIRTH DOULA SUPPORT
Birth is a sacred and transformative experience, and will be remembered for a lifetime. Ask any woman about her birth story, even if it were decades ago, and she will be able to tell you how she felt, and how well she was supported. It is paramount that women feel empowered and supported throughout their entire pregnancy, birth and postpartum journey.
As your doula, I not only support you, but educate you with up to date, evidence-based research, and provide you with the tools necessary to make informed choices with confidence. No matter what type of birth you have, my wish is that you look back on it fondly and feel proud of your story. In a world where there’s a lot of fear-based birth culture and conversation, I remind women of their innate power, and to trust their bodies and babies through this process.
During the prenatal visits, we review all options available, and I assist in creating a birth plan (if desired) based on your informed wishes. During the birthing time, my mission is to ensure you feel safe, and as calm and comfortable as possible. I provide uninterrupted educational, emotional and physical support. I love creating a serene environment in the birthing space, free of distractions and judgement. I enjoy working with partners, care providers and other support people collaboratively. It is a distinct honour to hold space for women and their loved ones through this incredible season of their lives.
Education + Training:
In 2012, I completed the birth doula certification training through DONA International. I am trained in massage therapy (Blanche Macdonald, 2009) which is a wonderful accompaniment to the comfort measures I provide during labour. I have completed the Hypnobabies® childbirth and hypnobirthing course. I am First Aid CPR-C certified (infant and children).
My doula package includes:
- a complimentary consultation
- 1-2 prenatal visits (1-2 hours each)
- phone, text and email support
- on call period beginning at 38 weeks
- assistance and support with breastfeeding as needed for up to two hours after baby is born, and during postpartum visits
- 1 postpartum visit (more postpartum visits can be added at an hourly rate)
- access to a TENS unit, birth ball and other supplies including but not limited to: essential oils, labour-ease spray, music playlists, energy cleansing (sage and palo santo), candles and crystals
- curated list of resources based on your needs and wishes (classes, books, postpartum healing and support, mom and baby groups, checklists for hospital bag or home birth, meditations, affirmations, printables for recording baby’s feeding schedule and wet/dirty diapers in the early days, as well as my own personal ‘best of baby’ recommendations)
- notes with details that occurred during the birthing time as a keepsake
Please contact me if you have any questions, or would like to set up a complimentary consultation to see if we are a good fit!
Payment plans are available. Discounted rates apply for my previous doula families, please inquire.
“Deep within every woman is the ability to birth. When she has confidence in her own abilities, the encouragement and freedom to tap into her innate wisdom, and has the loving support of family, friends and professionals who believe this too, she will truly have a satisfying birth experience.” -Gerri Ryan
“My husband and I knew instantly after meeting Jess that she was the doula we wanted for our first birth. Her knowledge and resources were on point and her demeanour was exactly what we wanted throughout the process. She was warm and kind, listened to our needs and provided input all while never being obtrusive. She was readily available and very supportive. We can’t thank her enough for everything she did. We would highly recommend her service.” -Tara T | Vancouver, BC